The Learning State
By Nick Matthews – The Learning State
This is a great tool that I developed for getting into “flow”. This is one of the techniques you need to learn if you are to change your destiny, enjoy <3.
- While facing straight ahead, pick a spot on the ceiling or wall to look at. This spot is preferably above eye level so that your field of vision seems to bump up against your eyebrows. Your eyes should not be so high as to cut off the field of vision.
- As you stare at this spot, just let your mind go loose, and focus all of your attention on the spot.
- Notice that within a matter of moments, your vision begins to spread out, and you see more in the peripheral than you do in the central part of your vision.
- Now, pay attention to the peripheral. In fact, pay more attention to the peripheral than to the central part of your vision. Let your peripheral vision expand all around you.
- Stay in this state for as long as you choose. Notice how it feels. Notice the feeling inside.
- This state can be used for learning when you are 100% focused on the external things around you this is called uptime. In this state you will learn expand your external awareness. You will notice that you are moving out of this state as you start to talk to yourself and think about other things in your life apart from your learning.
- With practice you will maintain this focused state for hours. To move back into the uptime state re-focus on that spot and expand your peripheral vision out again. Also, if self-talk is a problem, not just in the learning state but perhaps when you are trying to get to sleep, place and push the tip of your tongue against the back of your upper teeth. With your tongue still the internal chatter will stop.
- The opposite state of uptime is downtime when your thoughts are focused 100% inwards. This is a time for relaxation and exploring your thoughts and imagination. We explore this a lot more in my Change Destiny Program.
In the Learning State I want you to focus on the 3D picture – what do you see?